[OM] Re: E3 firmware update AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: E3 firmware update AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:08:28 -0800
> From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Would some enthusiast Mac supporter please explain to me why this
> failure of application software to work on different versions of a
> Mac OS is an application problem.

1) Because the Olympus Master 2.04 release date postdates the MacOS
Leopard release. If they can't bother to test it against the CURRENT
OS version when they ship, they don't get my business. Unfortunately,
I'm a captive audience, in this case.

2) Because this market demands it. NO OTHER SOFTWARE I USE broke
between Tiger and Leopard. Perhaps Windows users are inured to OS
releases that break their software, but that doesn't happen often with
Mac OS. If Olympus charged for this application, they'd never sell a
single MacOS copy.

3) Because it creates the impression that they are not serious about
serving their Mac user base.

:::: When we rely on belief, we are only acknowledging that we really
don't know. To become wise, one must know, not believe. -- Misty
Eve ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality http://www.EcoReality.org ::::