[OM] Re: Olympus billboard

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus billboard
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 09:14:30 -0500
We have a lot of those on the loose around here. Well, they may not
be prudes, but they can be prudish if they think it gives the a
chance to score points on the opposite sex. Anything even remotely
construed as off-color or sexual in reference brings a complaint,
which then must be "investigated," and almost always results in the
person who talked about connectors being "counseled" to show care in
how he (or, rarely, she) expresses himself (or, rarely, herself). The
actual merit of the complaint seldom enters into the picture, and the
person who complained almost _never_ is told to "grow up," or not be
so sensitive, or, "put a sock in it." That might make them feel bad.
It is my humble opinion that upon occasion, idiots need to be told
they are idiots, and they need to be so told by people in authority,
not just their co-workers.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com