[OM] Re: olympus Digest V4 #359

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V4 #359
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:28:34 -0800
> Subject: [OM] Make a real gift for your woman - enlarge your male
> package!
> Subject: [OM] Re: Massive Shameless Plug

For some reason, the juxtaposition of these two sequential messages
struck me as hilarious.

:::: The largest marine predator on the planet right now is the cow.
More than half the fish taken from the sea is rendered into fish meal
and fed to domestic livestock. Puffins are starving in the North sea
to feed sand eels to chickens in Denmark. Sheep and pigs have replaced
the shark and the sea lion as the dominant predators in the ocean and
domestic house cats are eating more fish than all the world’s seals
combined. We are extracting some fifty to sixty fish from the sea to
raise one farm raised salmon. This is ecological insanity. -- Paul
Watson ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality http://www.EcoReality.org ::::