[OM] Re: Comparisons

Subject: [OM] Re: Comparisons
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 19:52:37 -0800
> From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> The new review of the Sony A700 just up at dpreview.com uses an E-3 in
> the comparisons for noise, studio scene, and resolution.

The guy at Shutterbug showed me comparisons between the A700 and E-3,
as well. The A700 has more pixels, but they are mostly in the edges
(APS vs 4/3rds) and if you need to crop to 4:3 anyway, those pixels
are lost.

But mostly, the Sony showed some rather unpleasant colour renditions
on the subject, a brilliant red poinsettia. The saturated areas were
blown out, and the shadow areas lacked saturation.

:::: "I find it frustrating that whenever I have a comment or
criticism about your behavior, you immediately turn it back onto
me." ::::
:::: "But what about you; you do the same thing!" ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality <http://www.EcoReality.org> ::::