[OM] Re: Fw: file size batch conversion

Subject: [OM] Re: Fw: file size batch conversion
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:40:22 -0500
Also available is the FastStone Image Viewer (or just a small subset for
image resizing only) FastStone Photo Resizer.  If you are familiar with
BreezeBrowser (Similar to PhotoShop Bridge and my preference over Bridge
for most things) you will find that FastStone Image Viewer is a near
clone.  The main difference is that FastStone is freeware... and the
documentation is horrid.  But despite the documentation shortcomings
it's got enough menu entries and clickable icons that it's not actually
that hard to figure out how to use it.  There is a 67 page PDF User's
Guide which will help get you going but on-line help is virtually
non-existent.  But it's very functional and I have recommended it to my
kids and others with P&S digital cameras who only need image management
and limited editing capabilities.  BreezeBrowser does no editing unless
you consider resizing to be editing.  FastStone does some limited
editing.  Anyhow, it does a lot of useful stuff and it's free and
seemingly stable.  In my book, one of the most important things is does
is side-by-side image comparison.  Recommended.

Chuck Norcutt