[OM] Re: [photo] Lost at Firenze

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] Lost at Firenze
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 16:04:10 -0800
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=2115472632&size=l
>
> Hot summer morning wandering in Firenze, found this street view of the
> Duomo. I cannot really locate where did I make this photograph.
>
> Olympus OM 2n mounted on a tiny tripod at floor level, Zuiko MC 200mm
> f=1:4 @ f= 8, Auto mode, self timer.

City streets are subject to tremors from passing traffic, etc. The Zuiko
moderate telephotos, including the 200/4, suffer from vibration problems
on OM bodies. A tiny, light tripod and self timer with this lens is
probably much worse than hand held, especially if you could brace your
hand against something solid. hand held on a monopod would be a better
alternative, too. Your hands absorb the sympathetic vibrations of the
camera/lens combo.

The exposure looks like it would have been at about 1/100, as part of
the scene is in shadow and sunny 15 suggests 1/200. That's fast enough
for steady hands with care, compared to what you got.

> Ektachrome 100.
>
> Cropped to fit vertical - horizontal axis. Some USM,
It looks like USM has made the noise worse, Remember - NR before USM!

Moose