[OM] Re: Flash trigger voltages

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash trigger voltages
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 19:35:05 -0500
Thanks, Tim.  I'll have to check it.  I'm pretty sure the 5D will check
out that way as well as the other Canyons.  It doesn't say so in the
manual but I'm sure I have a quote stashed away somewhere from Canon's
chief techie (Chuck Westfall) saying the hot shoe is protected to 250
volts as well.

The Canyon 10D is only good to 6 volts on both the hot shoe and the PC
socket although there's a lot of bad info running around on the web
saying the PC socket is good to 250 volts.  Probably a few 10D's got fried.

I'll bet the E-1 and E-3 are good to 250 volts in the hot shoe as well.

Chuck Norcutt