[OM] Re: Cleaning advise (was New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon

Subject: [OM] Re: Cleaning advise (was New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 19:48:50 -0800
> From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
>
> ... to be picky, I don't think
> ethanol is an antidote.

Google is your friend. First hit (among 33,400) on "methanol antidote"
is:
        http://ime.healthpartners.com/IME/Menu/0,,23274,00.html

which specifically states (about 1/4th way down the page):
        Ethylene glycol, Methanol Antidote: Ethanol, Fomepizole

I'm not making this stuff up. There are many other references --
that's just the first hit.

Perhaps you were quibbling with a specific and precise meaning of the
word "antidote" that is too subtle for these web references?

> Now we can progress to discuss our preferred ethanols...

It depends on the season. After brewing a batch of biodiesel, I prefer
an ice-cold tall glass of Okanogan hard cider in the summer, or a shot
of warm Ouzo in the winter, sipped slowly and lingered on the palate,
as the most effective means of assuaging methanol poisoning.

I need a drink. Or a good excuse for one. Think I'll go clean my
sensor. :-)