[OM] Re: First Message

Subject: [OM] Re: First Message
From: Brent <brutherford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 14:28:39 +1100
Hi Moose

Thanks for taking the time for all this feedback!!

I really like the example changes you demonstrated.  The "Lily &
Allison at Nan & Pa's house" photo in particular definitely works
better in a vertical crop, and I'm very surprised at the extra detail
you managed to find by toning down the highlights in the black and
white photos in particular.  Seems I need to get a little more handy
with the software side of things (I guess in the old days this would
have been 'in the darkroom').

The nasty bokeh in the "Buddies" photo may be contributed to by the
fact I was testing out a Tokina Zoom lens - an eBay acquisition which
came along with a couple of nice Zuikos - I like how you have managed
to smooth things out... again managing to pull more detail out of the
photo than I had imagined by toning down the bright areas.

Again - thanks Moose!  I will have some new things to keep in mind for
the next films.  I'll have a play with these photos in the mean time
and try to replicate your results.

Brent