[OM] Re: Any comments on Zuiko Digital 35 or 50 macro? 18-180?

Subject: [OM] Re: Any comments on Zuiko Digital 35 or 50 macro? 18-180?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:26:23 -0800
The E-3 with many of the D.Zuiko lenses is pretty heavy. I'm happy to
flop an OM to portrait format but the center of gravity of the E-3
worries me too much. YMMV

The small bi-directional PZ-31 plate from Kirk works well. The lip of
the plate is a tiny bit too wide, causing it to rest against a curve.
The plate ends up with a very tiny rotation (you have to look
carefully for it). The PZ-31 doesn't have a 1/4 x 20 tapped hole
however.

I suspect that any of the plates having the locating pin used for
video cameras would work fine. The RRS B26 doesn't say if it has the
1/4 x 20 threaded hole. Didn't the RRS plate for the E-1 have a
locating pin? That plate should also work. The Kirk PZ-27 looks like
it might work well if the threaded hole is 1/4"
<http://kirkphoto.com/newplate4p.html>

-jeff