[OM] Re: Any comments on Zuiko Digital 35 or 50 macro? 18-180?

Subject: [OM] Re: Any comments on Zuiko Digital 35 or 50 macro? 18-180?
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:15:54 +1100

> David Irisarri <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> IMHO 50/2 is more versatile than 35/3,5. I have got a ZD 50/2 and is
> superb for portrait and macro purposes. Hair-raising resolution and
> contrast but also a creamy sharming bokeh. You can read about both
> lenses here:

I'd agree, last Saturday I did some comparison testing of 50s on my E-300.  I
haven't analysed them in detail but it's obvious the ZD 50/2 was at least as
good in resolution and better in bokeh than anything else I tested.

This is the list:

ZD 50/2
Z 50/1.4 s/n 800K
Z 50/1.8 s/n 3M
Z 50/3.5
Z 35-105 @50
Nikkor 35-105 @50
Nikkor-S 50/1.4
Nikon E 50/1.8
Micro-Nikkor 55/3.5 (old pre-AI)
Micro-Nikkor 55/3.5 (AI)

The Zuikos had better bokeh than the Nikkors.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com