[OM] Re: 410-510 prices

Subject: [OM] Re: 410-510 prices
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 14:09:31 +0000
* On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 10:05:47PM +0800, Sandy Harris said:

> On Nov 20, 2007 12:21 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The K10D is indeed a helluva bang for the buck, an excellent camera at a
> > great price - if one has a stash of Pentax lenses or one is making a
> > first foray into SLRs.
>
> Not my first foray into SLRs, but previous ones are long gone for
> various reasons. I'm moderately happy with a Canon G5, but
> want something better.
>
> Any advice on K10D vs E510? Those seem to be the obvious
> candidates for my use, because of the in-body IS.

I love my K10D.  The E510 is a bit smaller,  but not as well built (IMHO),
but does have the advantage you can drop you old OM Zuikos onto it.

I doubt you'd be disappointed with either, especially not in terms of image
quality..  Go to a shop and play with both, see which feels better in your
hands, as that's where they have to earn their keep.

p.

--
   |\      _,,,---,,_        "Bother!" said Pooh as Satan laid
   /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_           his soul to waste.