[OM] Re: Speaking of firmware.....

Subject: [OM] Re: Speaking of firmware.....
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:20:24 -0700
Paul Braun wrote:
> I'm having brain cramps.  Can someone remind me how the heck to get the
> updates into my E1?

Use the older Olympus Viewer, rather than the newer Olympus Master.
Make sure you set the E-1's PC mode to "Control" first.  I understand
Studio works as well as Viewer, and does so across the *entire* line of
E-series DSLRs but I don't happen to own a licensed copy of Studio...

I just did the entire upgrade cycle to all my E-series DSLRs yesterday.
  No big deal.  Viewer for the E-1, Master for everything else.

Garth