[OM] Re: 410-510 prices

Subject: [OM] Re: 410-510 prices
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 19:23:32 -0800 (PST)
Dr Flash wrote:
> $1690 is 77% of the new price which I think is pretty fair
> for used gear.

Of equipment still available new?  A store would give you 50% on a
trade-in and then mark it up to 75%.  So, yes, 77% is fair, but still
on the high-end.

The 5D and 1DsM2 are on my short-list of cameras to keep an eye out
for in the years to come.  I suspect that in 24 months they will be
at a price I'm willing to spend on them. Then I'll have that FF body
for those rare occasions when I need one.

AG

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs