[OM] Re: olympus OM lenses on Nikon digital body

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus OM lenses on Nikon digital body
From: "Sandy Harris" <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 21:45:30 +0800
On Nov 18, 2007 9:13 PM, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But it never worked very well for Canon FD mounts.  For a short time
> Canon produced a limited number of FD to EOS adapters that weren't well
> received.  You can still buy third party units (B&H sells 2 different
> brands) but I don't think these perform very well.

Checking a reference page for register distances:
http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/misc/mounts-by-register.html

I find:
Canon FD        42 mm
Canon EOS     44 mm

So you cannot adapt an FD lens to EOS without an element in
the adapter, and that both adds cost and degrades the image.

But 4/3 System register distance is only 38.58 mm so it
should be possible to adapt FD lenses to those. Checking
the best adapter sources I know, though:
http://www.cameraquest.com/adapt_olyE1.htm
http://www.rugift.com/photocameras/adapters.htm
I do not find such an adapter.

--