[OM] cheap(er) light stand

Subject: [OM] cheap(er) light stand
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 23:27:35 +1030

...and while I'm making a bloody nuisance of myself again, here's
something at least a little bit photography related for the Aussies on
the list (a repeat of my net-model.com posting):

Dick Smith Electronics are clearing out their 2.7m telescopic T-Bar
light stand at $29.95. Ignoring the 900mm T-bar - which, no doubt will
have it's uses, the socket at the top of the stand accepts a standard
5/8" spigot like a manfrotto 013 set (it should be remembered most
stands have a spigot rather than a socket).

These are big & heavy (the capacity is 20kg), but good value, compared
to what is available locally (in Adelaide, at least), which should
appeal to the budget-conscious types like me who would like to save
their hard-earned $$ for more of Dr. Cooper's fine products, or, of
course, towards a new body/lens, or perhaps a paid shoot with a model!

davidt