[OM] Re: Flash for E500

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash for E500
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:22:05 -0800 (PST)
Timpe Jim wrote:
> In the hands of a simple technician....   I qualify.

As a humbly proud possessor of a gift Fluke 83, I must say that a
"simple" Volt-Ohm Meter is almost unbearable.  Of course, it takes a
four-year engineering degree to know how to use the beast...

BTW, I had an interesting thing happen recently.  We were measuring
resistance between adjacent relay racks. The facility had a LOT of
stray RFI lurking around and we were desparately trying to get our
grounding and shielding figured out.

Well, THREE Flukes, TWO Simpsons and a Radio Shack meter couldn't
agree.  Only the Flukes would show anything (and strangely, they
would give plus or minus readings depending on polarity) and even
then they were all over the place.

Yes, that RFI situation was EVIL.

AG

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs