[OM] Re: Good news and bad news

Subject: [OM] Re: Good news and bad news
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 23:23:09 -0500
Yep, I've pinged them a bunch of times and have done so again on the requested
lenses with the 410, E3, 510.
Tech support has always been responded to direct inquiries.? They never have
said directly why they haven't decided to support Oly at all---market share
decision or something about the CPU's in the lenses perhaps?
I would think a bunch of pings couldn't hurt.
The Achilles heel is the raw converter (see review in the 16-9 site) which may
be dramatically better in the upcoming upgrade. (We'll see)? I like the concept
of regaining some resolution with the fancy deconvolution algorithms, fixing
CA,? linear distortion, vignetting in one fell swoop.? Don't know if it is yet
worth the price of admission,? ( I hear Moose whisper "PT lens."), but is worth
keeping an eye on.
Mike

I think Mike has pinged DXO several times. I already submitted the
Zuiko 12-60mm as a lens they should support (and the Zuiko 7-14mm).
Maybe if enough people ask they will ...
<http://www.dxo.com/intl/photo/support/modules/availability/pb_availability>

-jeff

http://mail.aol.com