[OM] Gitzo Freeze Warning

Subject: [OM] Gitzo Freeze Warning
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 11:29:01 -0500
Okay, so I finally broke down (and broke the bank) for a Gitzo CF
tripod (3540LS). Among the warnings that came withe the 'pod is the
recommended low temperature of -30 C. Now my conversion makes that
about -22 F. But the literature leaves off the minus in front of the
22. I assume a typographical error, but with which temp, -30 C or 22
F? It's hard to image not being recommended to use CF at colder temps
than 22 F, but I know manufacturers are pretty conservative about
their figgers so as to stave off litigation by money-grubbing Murkin
lawyers. (Ooops! Sorry. {:^0-

Damn! That thing is light. Far lighter than the Manfrotto 3021 I've
been carrying around, which I thought was really light.

--Bob