[OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:11:18 -0700
> From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hmmm ... The D.Zuiko 7-14mm... definitely has barrel distortion at
> the wide end. The
> distortion isn't too objectionable and can be easily corrected in
> photoshop.
>
> The photo below was probably shot at 7mm and didn't have any
> correction applied.

It sure seems apparent in that photo. Perhaps you got a bad sample?

I've lined corners up with edges before and seen no distortion.

Also, check out the ptools distortion figures for this lens. I don't
recall them off-hand, but do recall that they were lower than any
other super wide.

:::: Remember, it isn't paranoia if they're REALLY out to get 'cha. --
Frank Zappa ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::