[OM] Marketing policy

Subject: [OM] Marketing policy
From: "geebee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:19:12 -0000
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [OM] Re: The belief of others

> It seems in the case of GeeBee's book it is to be a not for profit venture,
> neither for the editor or the photographer. That said I still would want to
> compensate Graham and Jim for all their work in creating the book when I do
> buy my copy (I think Chuck's idea of a Xmas gift is a grand one, now I just
> have to find the giver :)
>
> Dan S

> However, it wouldn't hurt to throw a few shekels his way as well --
> GeeBee's put a lot of time and effort into those images.

> Paul Braun
> Valparaiso, IN

Dan, Paul,

The original intention was to add something to the Blurb cost and give the
surplus to Project H.O.M.E., a charity for the homeless
in Philadelphia.
However. it was felt that the final cost was so high that further loading on
the cost would likely make it a
total non runner.

It was the Project H.O.M.E. element that overcame my natural idleness and
lethargy and started me sending images to Jim.

Over the years I have very occasionally sold a print to casual enquirers and my
marketing policy has always been the same. Namely,
I have declined the money, sent the print and ask that they do as follows.

"Please give whatever you consider to be appropriate to someone homeless on the
street
without regard or reservations to how they may spend or waste it. Just give
him/her the cash.
In short, just make someone's day. I know that this is a little eccentric but
the thought of a gift out of the blue, triggered by
a photograph of mine, to an individual less fortunate than us gives me pleasure
beyond my ability to express adequately."

So if anyone can pay the Blurb price without sufficient pain to stop any
further desire to shell out yet more cash for the book
then please feel free to implement my whacky marketing policy :-).

--Graham