[OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 11:26:39 EDT

In a message dated 10/22/2007 10:00:05 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Really  large print sales
are actually fairly rare but if you can't make a good  looking 30x40 you
can't sell one.

You are absolutely right on this.  I'd like to be able to make a 30 X  40 or
larger from some of my images and I really haven't sorted out how to get
there.  That was part of the reason for my question about Genuine Fractals  a
few
weeks ago.  I don't have a printer that will print that large,  however if I
could get a quality print from my files I might look at  getting an Epson 9880.
 The market I would look at is a little different  from yours, however the
question, for some, really is about selling big  prints.  In having a pricing
discussion with a fellow who makes his living  selling images, primarily at art
shows, he said he was much more likely to sell  a large print than a small one
like I was asking him about.  I'm not yet at  the point of packing up a
trailer and peddling my wares, however if and when I  get there, I will want to
make larger prints.  I would still assert that  for most of us the e-3 will
provide file size enough for the prints we want to  print.

The website for the fellow I am talking about is:
_http://www.clarkcrenshawphotography.com/_
(http://www.clarkcrenshawphotography.com/)

Bill Barber