[OM] Re: Sometimes, the 'bad' lenses aren't so bad

Subject: [OM] Re: Sometimes, the 'bad' lenses aren't so bad
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 23:20:07 -0600
I used to have a black-front 50 f1.4 that was numbered around 750,000...so
fairly new but not the high number ones that are said to be the best. I
dropped mine and broke the rear element and never bought another since I
have 3 50mm f1.8 MIJ lenses that are very good. The 1.4 I had was very sharp
and yours seems to be too....what aperture did you shoot at? Were they shot
wide open? I wonder how much sharper the last series of these lenses are? I
rarely see them for sale so I haven't the chance to try one.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design