[OM] Re: [OT] question on web search engines

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] question on web search engines
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 16:01:17 +1000
G'day John,

Thanks, but that's not the situation.  The page on the site is just HTML, and
the Image Title is just text on that page.  I have changed the Image Title on
the page but I can do a google search for the page by the previous image title
and it gives me the link to the same page as always, the page is displayed with
the new image title.  This has nothing to do with caching of pages, just that
the google indexes aren't updated very quickly (especially when something goes
away, adding something new seems to be picked up with a few days).

...Wayne

> John Morton <loncayeway@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> I don't know how one would check when a website was first listed by a
> search engine either; but I might be able to help Wayne in updating his
> site views:
>
>   In "Internet Explorer", under the "TOOLS" menu, under the "General"
> tab, click on the 'Settings' button (third in the second row of buttons)
> to find the selection switch for: "Check for newer versions of stored
> pages: Every visit to the page".
>
>   I think that might be all that you need to do in order to see the
> current version of the website in question. Maybe.
>
>   John Morton
>
>                                             >>>><<<<
>
>   From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 10:20:45 +1000
> Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] question on web search engines
>
> > Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > This is very important to me.  Does anyone on the list know if there
> is
> > a way to determine how long a webpage has been in the Go*gle or
> Ask.c*m
> > database?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
> >

> Dunno really, but I'd like to.  I know I changed the title of an image
> on the usefilm site at least a month ago and I can still do a search on
> it with the old name which takes me to the image.
>
> ...Wayne
>
> Wayne Harridge
>

> John Morton
> http://OriginOfWriting.com