[OM] CS2 ORF workaround, was: [OT] a CS2 question

Subject: [OM] CS2 ORF workaround, was: [OT] a CS2 question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 05:48:00 -0400
But there is a workaround.  Download the DNG converter here
<http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=3732&fileID=3494>
Convert the ORF files to DNG and then process in ACR 3.7 as usual.

The download link will download both the DNG converter (a standalone
EXE) and the Camera Raw 4.2 plug-in.  Just discard the Camera Raw
plug-in (since you can't use it) and place (not install) the DNG
converter in the folder of your choice.  Then put a short cut to the DNG
converter on your desktop if desired.

The mysterious "Extract" button on the DNG converter panel is to extract
the original raw files from the DNG file if you had previously set
preferences to encapsulate the original raw file into the DNG at the
time of conversion (not the default).

Chuck Norcutt