[OM] [OT] USB/Parallel port advice needed (color laser printers).

Subject: [OM] [OT] USB/Parallel port advice needed (color laser printers).
From: John Morton <loncayeway@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 21:08:52 -0700 (PDT)
 I have a Minolta/QMS Magicolor 330 EX that I purchased as a factory
refurbished model for $999 USD. It is an amazingly good printer purchased for a
spectacularly great price; seems that Minolta purchased QMS just as their
pre-press color laser printers were becoming legendary.

  A bit of tweaking proved essential for photo quality printouts; things like,
"conserve toner: DISABLED", and setting the color model to "PREPRESS" (which
corresponds to Adobe RGB).

  What has REALLY made a stunning difference is processing my images with Fovea
Pro 4.0 and using the "Process: Fractal Texture" function on an adjustment
layer that I set to "Overlay/blend 40%" in Photoshop, and run the "Auto Color"
adjustment on, before merging with the final edit of the image on the layer
below. This seems to be the equivalent of Unsharp Masking on steroids, and the
increase in image quality by way of sharpness is just incredible.

  John Morton.