[OM] [OT] a CS2 question

Subject: [OM] [OT] a CS2 question
From: John Morton <loncayeway@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 21:37:53 -0700 (PDT)
I can't answer that, John, because I have switched from the Photoshop color
picker to a plug-in from Master Colors called the HVC Color Composer:

  http://www.master-colors.com/index.php

  I think that of all of my plug-ins, this might just be my favorite: in
addition to picking colors from a photograph, it will generate perfectly
balanced color palettes based upon two color choices.

  So, I now have a very nice collection of custom color palettes going, based
upon things like: old growth coastal forests (Carmanah Valley, B.C.); hibiscus
flowers (Montreal Botanical Gardens); spectacular sunsets (I have some amazing
Kodachrome 25 from the year Mt. St. Helens exploded, shot on the other side of
the continent - the dust in the upper atmosphere spectacularly bent the red and
orange-yellow wavelengths)... and so on.

  Each palette presents a range of colors, all balanced in contrast and
intensity; so design work (even simple things like matching text and stroke
colors) ends up being, simply impressive. It has turned what had been tediously
awful experimentation with the Photoshop color picker into something that is
really, really fun.

  John Morton