[OM] Re: [OT] USB/Parallel port advice needed

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] USB/Parallel port advice needed
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 18:33:13 -0700 (PDT)
I use a netgear Ethernet to Parrallel adapter print server. It allows me to
share the printer on
my wifi or ethernet, amongst multiple computers/laptops. Cost was under $30.
Ocasionally has
needed to be reset but has been pretty reliable. They make a usb output version
too, for usb
printers. There is also a netgear wifi version of the print server, but I have
no experience with
that.

Beware when buying low cost printers on special, that you understand the first
toner cartridge
supplied with those printers is half the capacity or less of a normal
cartridge. That is why the
cost of a normal cartridge for those printers can be as much or more than that
of the whole
printer. I use a printer that has screws to undo cartridge and just add toner
from a third party.
Cost is about $10-15 to refill and you don't trash the environemnt with used
cartriges..

Tim Hughes