[OM] Re: [OT] help any one know what's been eating at this floor and roo

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] help any one know what's been eating at this floor and roof beams
From: David Carter <Spotz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 20:49:20 +1200
The hole pattern in the
http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/gallery/613944#202609047-L-LB photo
resembles the borer here in NZ.

We have 2 methods of treating it.
Borer "bomb", which involves lighting the "bomb" & leaving it
undisturbed for a few hours. Which settles on surfaces, leaving them a
poison to eat. Or a small can of spray to send into each & every hole.
Neither is 100% sure to kill them all. That is best done by removing the
offending wood & treating the remainder. Every year, until no more holes
are found.

The good news ( & bad ) is they they only emerge from the wood to
migrate to their next meal, every springtime.

david