[OM] Re: Advice for a Fall foliage trip

Subject: [OM] Re: Advice for a Fall foliage trip
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 21:11:01 -0700
Tom Scales wrote:
> I need advice from fellow list members.  I'm considering a lengthy fall
> foliage car trip, but have no idea really where to go, when to go, where to
> stay, good photo opportunity locations.
>
> Well, you get the drift.
>
> My plan is to head north towards New England early (which I suspect is
> pretty soon) and then spend 10 days or so working my way south from 'great
> location' to 'great location'.
>
> It's those great locations with which I need help.
>
> I don't think I'll go as far north as main (I may be too late anyway), but
> certainly Mass, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, New York,
> Virginia and the Carolinas are all doable.

Can't help with the great locations. I can say it not too late for Maine
at all. There was almost no color up at Moosehead 10 days ago. We
actually saw more around So. Maine, but still nowhere near peak. Here's
the official Maine color site. <http://www.maine.gov/doc/foliage/> It
shows the same thing.

There was actually more color in the greater Boston area than Maine. And
quite a bit on the way from Boston to Hartford a week ago. Should be
pretty good there now, I suppose.

Moose - packing to head back to the left coast tomorrow and with a flaky
internet connection.