[OM] Re: OK, Fidel, let's line them up and shoot them down . . .

Subject: [OM] Re: OK, Fidel, let's line them up and shoot them down . . .
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 15:30:56 -0700
I tried two different things.

I cropped off the left side to a square format and it is lovely as it
is.

With the full photo I applied both the shadow/highlight adjustments
and increased the midtone contrast a bit. Then in levels I darkened
it a bit moving the middle slider. The result darkens the left side
and the clouds,  lightens the buildings while maintaining the most of
the darkness on the right hand landscape. The water also looks
livelier and more natural to me.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA