[OM] Re: OM] Re: IMG: Nathan's PAW 38: Almere and Amsterdam

Subject: [OM] Re: OM] Re: IMG: Nathan's PAW 38: Almere and Amsterdam
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 20:06:00 -0700
Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> Without claiming to be an artist...Moose and Fernando have understood my
> intention completely--
Good.
> when I was playing with the image in Lightroom, I tried lifting the shadows
> more, but in the end I decided to keep it like this for precisely the reasons
> mentioned, to focus attention on the dog. And also I wanted to retain some
> detail in the highlights outside.

That's one of the reasons I didn't take to Lightroom with the Beta. One
may only adjust the whole image at once, which doesn't always allow
tonal balance across high dynamic ranges.

This is rougher than I would like; working on a laptop screen with
narrow angle of view and a touchpad on a small image. But I hope it
gives an idea of how the outside highlights may be not just kept from
loss, but improved, the shadow detail/definition enhanced and the dog
retained as the focal point. And it may go overboard, but isn't meant to
be a finished product, just an example of possibilities.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Wajsman/Gollem.htm>

Moose