[OM] Re: de-activating "format" on my E500

Subject: [OM] Re: de-activating "format" on my E500
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 00:55:40 -0600
> I recently had R-Studio recommended to me by a guy who has been using
> recovery utilities for over 20 years.  He says this one is the best he's
> ever seen.  It completely recovered a disk he thought was pure toast.
> But, YMMV.  <http://www.r-studio.com/>

  For PC hard drives, I can second that recommendation. The MBR was
gone, the partition table was gone, generally a dead hard drive -- but
it would spin up, and be detected otherwise. (root cause: IDE controller
on the motherboard was going flaky)

  r-studio's stuff got every file but one back from the disk -- worth
every penny, imho. I dunno about compactflash, mind you.

  -- dan