[OM] Re: OT ebay postage

Subject: [OM] Re: OT ebay postage
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:10:01 +1000
It seems that international postal charges have escalated everywhere
in the last few months. Simple insured air parcel is becoming a thing
of the past. One annoyance for me is that some countries, like
Germany and Canada, no longer accept insurance on air parcel - only
on EMS and Courier services. Fine for larger stuff but brutal on
small, light items.
But that sounds excessive just for inter-European postage - cost me AU
$95 (US$82) to send a 2.5kg package to Canada the other day by EMS/
Global Priority and that was with US$1900 worth of insurance. For a
1kg package to the US, would charge US$95 and I'd have to take it to
a depot. If he's charging for handling/packing a large item, fair
enough, so long as he says so.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx