[OM] Re: Another OT Photo. :)

Subject: [OM] Re: Another OT Photo. :)
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:49:44 +0100
* On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 08:35:17AM +1000, Andrew Fildes said:

> It's a good thing. Really.
> Good luck with the wedding, it is a bugger - make a fuss about it.
> Make it clear that she has condemned you to a day of hard work and
> purgatory, that you are going to be as busy as hell and you will not
> have a chance to enjoy yourself - that she shouldn't oughta have.
> Mil;k the obligatiopn for all it's worth - she won't be aware how
> hard you are working so rub it in. Quote Walt - he once stated that
> he preferred to be under fire in Vietnam than shooting a friend's
> wedding. It is a horrible, dreary job unless you're a madman or
> getting really well paid or both. Learn from my mistake on one such -
> do the family groups early, very early, before they get at the booze.

I'm getting it done outside the church.  Coupled with demanding that my
sister make a list of all the combinations of people she wants me to take
the formal shots of.

Failing that, there's a friend of mine alos doing photog duties, so we can
blame each other.   My sister knows it's a fair amount of work, and there's
offers of extra kit and such so it's not all that bad.

> Also, take the B&G to a nice local spot before the festivities, in
> their 'going away' outfits, to do romantic shots/portraits. Beach,
> lakeside, forest, that sort of thing. They'll like to remember what
> they really looked like at that time, not just in the big white frock.

True enough.  I'll ut this to her and see what she thinks.   Thankfully
she's quite pragmatic, and it seems most of the photos are actually for the
others -- mum, doting grandmother etc... -- rather than the couple
themselves.   Given most people are bringing along cameras and such,
they're asking for copieѕ of those.

We'll see how it turns out.

> What was the PhD on?

"Architectural Investigation into Network Security Processing."  so,
hardware architectures, mostly for high speed Internet based secure comms.
Whether or not it is any good is a different matter altogether,  but time
shall tell ... the viva's not going to be for a month or two I'd imagine.

All the best,

P.
--
Brought to you by the letter M and the number 22