[OM] Re: Panoramic - Shift Lens Style

Subject: [OM] Re: Panoramic - Shift Lens Style
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 21:23:04 -0700 (PDT)
> Very nice image, AG and cool dual use of shift lens.? Thank you. ?

Thank you.

> Did you have to slide the lens over the same distance as shifting
> or were all the objects far enough away that that did not matter??

The lens was shifted upward as far as it would go while maintaining
full left-right movement.

> I believe the image circle of the 35 shift? is the same as a 24mm.?
> Could one just fix the perspective distortion in PS with a Z.? 24
> with similar result??

Well, yes.  But you are compromising image quality in multiple ways.

> Perhaps a typo in the description as would not the trees lean
> out?? (Please excuse the nit-pick mode.)

When pointing the camera upward, the trees would lean in.

> I have an earlier version of the Z.? 35 shift which is more subject
> to flare with the earlier coating.? Iwert a month or so ago
> implicated the earlier version also had a different color rendition
> and less contrast, though I have never seen any other mention of
> that.? Perhaps someone knows more and could confirm this.? Thanks.

This one is also an earlier version with HORRID flare potential. Just
like all of my other SC lenses, it trends toward the warm side. I
actually prefer the lower contrast of these lenses because they give
me an increased effective exposure latitude with B&W, Velvia and
Digital.

AG

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for
today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.