[OM] Re: [OT] advice on restoring roof beams

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] advice on restoring roof beams
From: "iwert bernakiewicz" <zuikooh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:47:03 +0200

> The question is what should I put on them when I have finished cleaning
> them OR maybe nothing at all may be the answer. The new roof will sit on
> top of them so trhey will all be in full display.

Hello Ian, very nice structure. I would just treat them with a good
quality product against the larvae of nasty beatles which can eat the
beams (in dutch: grote klopkever, kleine klopkever & boktor) Do it
while the space is well ventilated, and keep it ventilated for about
two weeks. Here we have Xylamon Combi. Good luck with the house
extension!

Iwert.

ps: the lilliputter with three is a very fine image!