[OM] A pleasant oboy surprise

Subject: [OM] A pleasant oboy surprise
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 20:44:13 -0400
Remember the flimsy, small plastic filter cases I bought on oboy (and
complained about here)?  They came from this guy along with some larger
cases which I thought were serviceable and also very good quality 72-77
step-up ring at a low price.  <http://stores.ebay.com/Usa-liquidators>

I was generally pleased about the transaction and didn't want to ding
him on the filter cases (which were dirt cheap to begin with).  So I
wrote him a private email telling him what I liked and didn't like.  To
my surprise he responded that he can no longer get the somewhat better
quality cases he used to sell and is still seeking a new supplier.  In
the back room he still had 15 cases of the old type and asked me how
many I wanted.  I told him I only wanted 5 which was the quantity I had
originally ordered of the small size cases.

He responded by sending me 5 of the old cases free of charge and with no
shipping charge.  You still won't mistake these for a good quality
Tiffen or Hoya case but they're much better than the others and
perfectly serviceable.  They don't flex and jump over the cam lock like
the others did.  Incidentally, that was only a problem with the small
cases.  The larger one don't have that problem.

Anyhow, I was floored by the customer service over a $14 transaction.
He's now on my list of good guys.  Far as I know he still has 10 of the
old small cases left  :-)

Chuck Norcutt