[OM] Re: [photos] Becket Quarry 2 & 3

Subject: [OM] Re: [photos] Becket Quarry 2 & 3
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 17:54:42 -0700
Richard Lovison wrote:
> Hi Moose,
>
> Thanks for looking and for thinking about me.  I unsubscribed from the
> list a few months ago... quite a bit was happening in my life and I just
> needed a break for a while.
I thought it might be something like that. At least you are apparently
doing OK now.

We're more sensitive to those who disappear these days. While you were
away, Walt sickened and died. A real emotional blow for many of us. I
think you were here for his disappearance, resurfacing with the news of
his wife's unexpected and sudden death and desultory, off and on posting.

When Bill Barber went looking to find out what was up when he stopped
posting again, found he was hospitalized and got in contact with a
friend of his who gave us regular updates. Tough exterior and so many
old and new boy toys weren't enough. Whatever the medical explanation, I
think he died of a broken heart.

So take care of yours, hear!
> Haven't done much shooting either except for last weekend.  I'm looking
> forward to going back to the Cape at the
> end of the month for a few days with my better half.  Hopefully I'll start
> pushing the shutter more regularly again.

Looks like we may be close to crossing paths. We'll be coming down from
Maine and spending a few days in Eastern Mass. before heading down to NY
around the 26-27th. Let's wave when we pass each other. ;-)

That Opus40 link got me thinking whether it's worth the extra time to
drive through the Berkshires and down the Hudson to NY. Longer than
through CT, but I've been along that route and not through your country.
The problem is that we tend to stop and wander along the way, so it
takes us longer than many folks to go any distance through scenic
country. :-)

Moose