[OM] Re: Eco disaster

Subject: [OM] Re: Eco disaster
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 20:03:36 -0700
> From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> If you are referring to cider with alcohol, please note that non-
> alcoholic cider isn't - that's apple juice.

That would upset the marketing people in North America.

"Cider" here is distinguished from "apple juice" by being unfiltered
and sort of milky-looking. Apple juice is filtered and crystal clear.

I avoid apple juice -- they take all the nutritious bits out of it and
leave just the sugar and some flavouring.

:::: You know what? What makes our economy grow is energy. And
Americans are used to going to the gas tank (sic), and when they put
that hose in their, uh, tank, and when I do it, I wanna get gas out of
it. And when I turn the light switch on, I want the lights to go on,
and I don't want somebody to tell me I gotta change my way of living
to satisfy them. Because this is America, and this is something we've
worked our way into, and the American people are entitled to it, and
if we're going improve (sic) our standard of living, you have to
consume more energy. -- Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA) ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::