[OM] Re: Long Macro to be 135mm f2.0?

Subject: [OM] Re: Long Macro to be 135mm f2.0?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 10:18:57 -0700
The olympus roadmap has been showing a 100mm macro for years.
<http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/images/E-System_Lens_Roadmap.pdf>
<http://www.olympusamerica.com/e1/zuiko_roadmap_eng.pdf>

The 70-300 and 12-60 weren't on their first roadmap, but it looks like
both will be produced before either the 14-35/2 or 100/macro. Still I
would be surprised if they came out with a long macro other than
100mm.

The 150/2 is noticeably shorter and fatter than the 50-200. The
olympus D.Zuiko cases are well made but does anybody use them? I guess
they would be useful it the lens were carried in an unpadded nylon
bag.

-jeff