[OM] Re: E-3 Pic

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 Pic
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 12:55:43 -0400
It was never about auto focus. It was all about Oly abandoning the OM
system. No one had heard of 4/3rds. The sentiment seemed to be "fine,
make a digital slr, but don't end OM". You had to be there. Looks like
your first question to the list is dated 8/27, 4 days ago.

Back then, people were scrambling for their best deals on the 90mm f2
macro, or going after the last of the OM-3Ti bodies in the Olympus
warehouse (dealer net topping out at $1600). OM lenses were essentially
new items, warehoused in Japan, manufactured years earlier.  Then one
day, for no apparent reason other than profit, long standing lens net
prices went up atleast 25%, some prices doubled.   THOSE were the days.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon dot net