[OM] Re: iStock

Subject: [OM] Re: iStock
From: Graeme Pow <graeme.pow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 07:57:08 +0100
On 31 Aug 2007 at 07:15:29 +1000 Andrew Fildes wrote:

 > Call me delicate wouldya? Ye'll be havin' a chat with me mate
 > Begbie at that rate.

Hehe!  Now there's a scary man.  Didn't Renton (in Trainspotting) say of
him, "Begbie didn't do drugs, he did people"?

 > "Oats - a grain commonly fed to horses but much beloved by the Scots"
 > Samuel Johnson (who meant it as an insult of course).

It's true, we do love the stuff!  I've yet to find a Scottish cookbook
in which oats do not make up a substantial part of the recipes.  Their
health benefits are numerous.  Ayurvedic physicians have been known to
use oats to help with opium withdrawal.  Subsequently, good results have
been obtained treating people heavily addicted to cigarettes and other
narcotic substances.  Due to the significant mild sedative effect and
restorative action of oats on the nervous system, I should imagine.

Graeme