[OM] Re: Another 4/3 cam and lenses.

Subject: [OM] Re: Another 4/3 cam and lenses.
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:00:43 +1000
Yeah, Ford introduced this in one of it's models here in Oz many years ago, it
got dropped when the next model appeared and hasn't surfaced since to my
knowledge.  Obviously rejected by the marketplace.

...Wayne

> Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

While out looking for a car recently we chanced to try a drive in a
Honda Civic.  I was startled to see a digital speedometer with bright
white 2-3" high digits occupying a prominent position above another
instrument cluster.  It was an in-your-face display that turned into a
constant, distracting blur on acceleration or deceleration and never
actually provided the driver with any useful information.  After driving
the car for about 5 minutes I totally rejected it on that basis alone.
I didn't care what other amenities it might offer.  There's no way I
could live with that for even more than 5 minutes.  Who thought that was
a good idea?

Chuck Norcutt

Bill Pearce wrote:
>> Intereſtingly, in Japan and Brazil it is quite ðe contrary.  My
>> inâ??laws wanted to talk us out of buying the Olympus Eâ??510 because ðey
>> þink Panaſonic ſuperior.
>>
> Panasonic here is a commodity manufacturer. I don't think I've ever known
> anyone that actually looked for that brand.
>
> It could be that they only brought the bottom end here. They don't advertise
> to speak of, and don't have the cache of Sony.
>
> I have also noted some household small appliances with the National brand at
> places like Walgreens.
>
> Bill Pearce

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx