[OM] Buying used sometimes has its advantages

Subject: [OM] Buying used sometimes has its advantages
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 22:26:36 -0600
  My DZ 50-200 was increasingly often failing to focus of late; I'll
half-press, and nothing happened, it just stayed out of focus. For a
while I could live with it, but then I noticed that the lens _rattled_
when I turned it upside-down, at which point I decided I should send it
in for repair.

  First pleasant surprise -- Olympus Canada's repair site is staffed by
people who a:know what digital zuiko means, b:don't have to have zuiko
spelled to them, and c:can get a lens fixed and back to me insanely fast
-- I posted it last Monday, and it arrived back this Monday.

  Second pleasant surprise -- I'd bought the lens used off e*ay a while
ago, and it's been at least a year since then, so I was expecting some
wallet pain for the repair. But when the lens arrived, the bill was
"$0.00 -- covered by extended warranty".

  So I guess the previous owner had bought an extended warranty on the
lens and I'm benefiting from it.. Not quite a Fang, but I was still
pretty chuffed!

  -- dan