[OM] Re: Bug hunting, the idiots way

Subject: [OM] Re: Bug hunting, the idiots way
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 08:17:06 -0400
Pretty good.  That's hard to do.  Based on the size of the images I'm
guessing you were shooting from distances of about 12-25 feet.  My handy
DOF calculator tells me (for an 8" high print) that the DOF is only
about 1/2" at 12 feet and about 2-1/2" at 25 feet.  But for a 4" high
print the DOF is about 1" at 12 feet and 4-1/2" at 25 feet.  As I said,
hard to do.

I once tried my 2000mm Celestron 8 at its closest focus of 25'.  Once
was enough. :-)

Chuck Norcutt