[OM] Re: OT, Suitable backpack for airlines?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT, Suitable backpack for airlines?
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 08:06:35 +0100
* On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 08:12:10PM -0700, Ali Shah said:
> As a side note - backpacks are not allowed in many
> venues - so a shoulder/hip bag seems to be one of
> those "must have" things.

For such circumstances I heartily recommend the Crumpler Daily series.
I've the Daily 600 (Large, I think) which manages to let me cart about
pretty much everything necessary,  including laptop -- in claims to hold up
to a 17" wide screen beast, but my rather more petite macbook slides in
nicely..  You can remove the camera part too and use it as a more
conventional shoulder bag.

There are a few other ones in the range -- bigger and smaller,  but this
seems like a decent compromise in size and shape.  and the fact that I can
get easy access to all the crap I've stored in it without having to take it
off is a massive plus.   Oh, and it does fit through airport stuff having
flown with it a few times,  but most notably  Belfast City -> Heathrow ->
San Francisco.

patrick-moore--[             "Bother!" said Pooh, "_I'm_ Brian of Nazareth!"]
+44-7989-853215[                                                            ]