[OM] Re: Winston Was Wax?

Subject: [OM] Re: Winston Was Wax?
From: Richard <richard-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:09:51 -0700
I think the bits about local contrast adjustment is just one of those
Photoshop tricks that once found, forever used. I heard about it a
couple years ago and perhaps Ctein just didn't hear about that one.
He is an amazing dye transfer and other darkroom printer and I am
sure just about everyone can learn something from his book on digital
restoration.

At 02:24 PM 8/15/2007, Winsor Crosby wrote:

>Exposing Ctein's digital ignorance may be a form of cruel humor. I
>never heard of him either before looking at the Mike blog. In his
>most recent post he "discovered" local contrast adjustment! In an
>earlier article he demonstrated what you could get with a key chain
>digital camera missing the whole point celebrating the badness.

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)