[OM] Re: In Praise of the Epson P3000

Subject: [OM] Re: In Praise of the Epson P3000
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:10:54 -0400
I also have the Imagemate SDDR-92 and can verify that it reads Ultra II
CF cards at about 8.5 MB/sec when connected to my older 1.3 GHz AMD
machine.  I haven't tried it on my newer fire breathing Dell with Core 2
Duo processor since it has its own reader which performs at pretty much
the same rate.  I take the 8.5 MB/sec +/- a bit to be close to the limit
of the Ultra II.

Have you tried a hookup directly to each of the three USB ports on the
machine without the docking station involved?  Have you ever tried your
reader on another machine?  Have you ever tried your reader using the
cable from one of the devices that doesn't seem to suffer performance
problems?  If you can't find anyone locally to test it for you send me
your SDDR-92 and I'll test it and send it back.

Chuck Norcutt