[OM] Re: [OT] OK, here's some more for the Civil War buffs

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] OK, here's some more for the Civil War buffs
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 17:53:33 -0400
I was quite surprised by the number of women in the ranks of the
cavalry.  I'd say at least 10-15% and possibly more.  The requirement
here must certainly be your own horse and to be a superb rider.  They
were all very good and the horses exceptionally well trained.  They
never shied or spooked when confronted with another opposing cavalry
force coming at a gallop and yelling and wielding sabers.

Chuck Norcutt